Preparation time : 10-15 mins ( 8-10 hrs of soaking )
Cooking time : 20-30 mins
- Chole - 1 1/2 cup - serves 4-5 ( Soaked over night and then Boiled for 10 mins)
- Onion - 1 big ( chopped fine )
- Tomato - 1 1/2 chopped fine
- Clove - 2-3
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small
- Green chilli - 2-3
- Ginger / garlic paste - 1 tspn
- Chilli powder - 1 tspn
- Dhaniya powder - 1 tspn
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tspn
- Mango powder - 1 tspn
- MTR Chana Masala - 1 1/2 tspn
- Salt - 1 1/2 tspn
- Cumin / mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Oil - 3-4 tbspn
- Keep the soaked chole for boiling in pressure cooker for 2-3 whistles on medium low flame with 1 tspn salt, once you start chopping and start the preparation on side.
- Add oil to Kadai and when the oil is hot add cumin/ mustard seeds . When it splutters add clove , cinnamon stick and chopped onions. And stir it for 3-4 mins on high flame.
- Add Tomato , ginger garlic paste , green chilli when the onion has turned soft.
- Once the tomatoes have turned soft , add all the spices and stir for 1-2 mins.
- Then add water ( approx 250 ml) and let it boil for 4-5 mins on medium flame and then add boiled chole.
- Let it simmer on medium flame for 10-15 mins with half closed lid.
(Will share the recipe for Bhatura in separate post )
Note : To save time from boiling chole , you can use garbanzo beans ( canned chole )