Preparation time : 5-10 mins
Cooking time : 15-20 mins
- Tuar Dal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 small ( chopped rough )
- Tomato - 1 big ( chopped rough )
- Coriander Leaves - handful ( chopped )
- Green Chilli - 2- 3 ( slitted in long )
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tspn
- Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
- Dhaniya powder -1/2 tspn
- Turmeric - 1 -2 pinch
- Sallt - 1 1/2 tspn
- Oil - 2 tbspn
- Water - 300 / 400 ml
- Wash the Dal and then boil it in pressure cooker with - water , salt , chopped tomatoes , 1 pinch turmeric , dhaniya powder for medium flame for 2-3 whistles.
- In parallel , add oil in Kadai . Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and let it splutter. And then add onion. Once the onion is nicely done add - green chilli , red chilli powder , 1/2 tspn salt , 1 pinch turmeric. If the Dal in pressure cooker is cooked and ready to be opened , then add in it in kadai.
- Or else turn off the Kadai and add the dal in kadai ,once the cooker is ready to open.
- Then boil the added Dal in Kadai on high flame for 3-4 mins.