Sep 7, 2011
Jul 30, 2011
Jul 20, 2011
Not sure which Region of India this form of dosa originates. But I got to know and taste from one of my Telugu frnd.
And also it tastes best when served with Ginger chutney or some spicy gravy.
High in nutrition and rich in protein.
Preparation time: Soaking time 2-3 hrs or overnight
Cooking time : 5-10 mins
- green whole moong - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/4 of medium sized
- Ginger - 1/2 inch cube
- Green chilli - 3-4
- Cumin seeds - 1 pinch tspn
- Salt - 1/2 tspn ( or as per taste)
- Soak the Green whole moong for 2-3 hrs or overnight.
- Grind together by adding little water to make thick consistency batter ( not very coarse) - soaked dal,onion, ginger ,green chilli, cumin seeds & salt.
- On a hot flat pan , pour 1/2 cup and spread nicely , and sprinkle little oil , till it gets cooked enough to be turned. Then turn and let it cook on other side.
Pesarattu Dosa/Moong Dal Dosa is ready to be served with Chutney !
May 11, 2011
Preparation time: 5-10 mins
Cooking time : 10-15 mins
- Potato - 1 big size
- Frozen peas - 1/4th cup
- Frozen chopped carrot- 1/4th cup ( optional )
- Chilli powder - 1/4 tspn
- Dhaniya powder - 1/2 tspn
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tspn
- Mango powder - 1/4 tspn
- Turmeric - 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tspn
- Salt - 1/4 tspn
- Oil -2 tbspn
- Water - 200 ml
- Green Coriander to garnish
- Peel the potato and chop in small cubes.
- In a nonstick pan add oil . Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds. Then add all the spices.
- And quickly add water ( before the spices turn dark) and chopped potatoes , peas & carrot.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 10-15 mins ( check if the potatoes are cooked till inside).
- At the end , open the lid and stir for 3-4 mins on medium high flame.
Alu mutter fry is ready to be served as a side dish for Paratha !!