Preparation time: 5-10 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Tuar Dal - 1/2 cup
- Water - 400 ml
- Drumstick - handful frozen or 1 long fresh ( Optional ) Or
- Bean - hadful frozen
- Onion -1 small ( chopped rough )
- Tomato - 1 big ( chopped rough )
- Tamaridn paste - 1 tspn
- Green chilli - 2-3
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Asafoetida powder/hing - 1 pinch
- MTR Sambhar powder - 1 tspn
- Chilli powder - 1 tspn
- Salt -1 tspn
- Pressure cook - Tuar dal , chopped onion , chopped tomato , green chilli , Spices , tamarind paste - for 2 -3 whistles on medium low flame.
- In a separate vessel boil beans or Drumsticks for 10 mins ( or micowave it for 10 mins in little water).
- Once the dal is cooked , smash it gently & quickly with a spoon or hand blender ( make sure dal does not becomes like a paste).
- Then temper the dal with Curry leaves , mustard seeds & Asafoetida. And add the steamed beans or Drumsticks.