Not sure which Region of India this form of dosa originates. But I got to know and taste from one of my Telugu frnd.
And also it tastes best when served with Ginger chutney or some spicy gravy.
High in nutrition and rich in protein.
Preparation time: Soaking time 2-3 hrs or overnight
Cooking time : 5-10 mins
- green whole moong - 1 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/4 of medium sized
- Ginger - 1/2 inch cube
- Green chilli - 3-4
- Cumin seeds - 1 pinch tspn
- Salt - 1/2 tspn ( or as per taste)
- Soak the Green whole moong for 2-3 hrs or overnight.
- Grind together by adding little water to make thick consistency batter ( not very coarse) - soaked dal,onion, ginger ,green chilli, cumin seeds & salt.
- On a hot flat pan , pour 1/2 cup and spread nicely , and sprinkle little oil , till it gets cooked enough to be turned. Then turn and let it cook on other side.
Pesarattu Dosa/Moong Dal Dosa is ready to be served with Chutney !