This is one of the item , out of those 4-5 dishes for which I will use potato and the only ones which I knew to cook just after marriage. And my hubby still teases me for it , that if I knew anything was potato that time :) .
Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time : 20-30 mins
- Cauliflower - 1 full cut in to small florets
- Potato - 1 chopped in cubes
- Frozen Peas (optional)- 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1/2 big chopped fine
- Green Chilli - 3-4
- Gralic paste - 1 tspn
- Red Chilli Powder - 11/2 tspn
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tspn
- Turmeric - 1/4 tspn
- Dhaniya powder - 1 tspn
- Mango powder 1/2 tspn
- Cumin / Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - 1 tspn
- Oil - 3-4 tbspn
- Water - 300-400 ml
- Boil the Cauliflower florets for 7-8 mins on high flame . Keep checking in between and turn it off before the florets turn soft.And drain the hot water.
- In separate Kadai add oil and when it is hot add mustard / cumin seeds , chopped onion green chilli .
- Once the onion turns golden brown add garlic paste and stir it for a min. Then add all masalas.
- Add water , cauliflower & potato , peas. Cover the Kadai with lid and let it cook for 20-25 mins . Keep stirring every 10 mins in between.
- At the end once all the water is absorbed add 1 tbspn oil and stir nicely on high flame.