Whenever I run out of time and need to make some Prasad item or when I feel like eating some sweet after dinner then I think of Sooji Halwa / Kesari bhath .
Cooking time - 15 -20 mins
- Fine sooji / Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- water - 500 ml
- ghee - 3-4 tbspn
- Cashews/almonds - 1 tsbpn
- Food color - 1 pinch
- Keep the water for boiling on side .
- Heat the Kadai and then add ghee. Once the ghee melts add sooji to it and keep stirring it till it becomes little brown in color.
- Then add water and keep stirring it. Keep the flame on low or else the hot water will sprinkle outside the kadai.
- Once the sooji starts absorbing the water , add sugar and food color. Stir it till almost all the water is absorbed and sooji is cooked well.
- Finally garnish with cashews / almonds !