Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Bottle gourd / Lauki - 1 medium sized chopped in cubes (without the seeds)
- Chana dal - 1/4 cup
- Mustard / cumin seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Dhaniya powder - 1 tspn
- Turmeric - 1 pinch
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tspn
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - 1 tspn
- Oil - 2 tbspn
- Water - 400 -500 ml
- Soak Chana dal in water while chopping the bottle gourd.
- In a pressure cooker add oil and once it is little hot add cumin/mustard seeds and spices ( make sure the spices dont get burnt if the oil is too hot ). Quickly stir the spices and while adding chana dal & water .
- Add bottle gourd and pressure cooker on medium low flame for 2-3 whistles ( approx 15 mins).
- Once the Chana dal Lauki is done , you can also temper it with 1 tspn oil & chopped 1 clove of garlic for additional taste.
Note : Eventhough we are adding more chilli powder & salt here while cooking, it will taste mild once pressure cooked.
Garnish with Coriander leaves - Chana dal Lauki ki sabji and serve with either Roti or Rice !