Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time : 20-25 mins
- Beans - 3 cups chopped fine
- Onion - 1 medium chopped fine
- Green chill - 2-3
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- grated fresh/frozen coconut - 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Urad dal - 1/2 tspn
- Chana dal - 1/2 tspn
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
- Garam masala - 1/4 tspn
- Salt - 1 tspn
- Oil - 2 tbspn
- Water - 200 ml
- In a Kadai add oil and once its hot add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds sputter add curry leaves, urad dal , chana dal & then add onions. And stir till it turns golden brown. ( Approx 4-5 mins)
- Then add grated coconut and spices & stir for a min and then add chopped beans.
- Add water and cover the lid of the Kadai . Let it cook for 10-15 mins on medium low flame.
- Once beans is cooked , stir on high flame for last 3-4 mins.
Beans stir fry / Poriyal is ready to be served with Roti or as side dish for Sambhar rice!