After the Friday night's dinner with friends , I was really not ready for a proper full fledged lunch this Saturday. So what better than Curd Rice. My favourite - as easy to make and great to taste.
Preparation time : 5-10 mins
Cooking time : 20-25 mins
- Rice - 1 cup
- Curd - 2 cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- Urad dal - 1/2 tspn
- Chana dal - 1/2 tspn
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Green Chilli - 2-3
- Grapes - 8-10
- Salt - 1/4 tspn
- Coriander Leaves - for garnishing
- Cashews - for garnishing
- Cook the rice in Rice Cooker with 3 times the water & 1/4 tspn salt. So that rice is cooked nice and soft. ( In rice cooker it will take 15-20 mins for the rice to cook)
- Once the rice is cooked and little cooled down , Smash it with hand to make it mushy and soft.
- Then in small hot pan put -1 spoon Oil , mustard seeds , urad dal , chana dal , Green chilli , Curry Leaves.
- Once the dals turn little brown , take out the the pan and pour the temper on rice.
- Then add warm milk , curd & grapes to the rice . And again mix nicely with hands . Add salt if required.
Finally garnish with cashews and coriander leaves . And serve with Pickle !