Preparation Time - 10-15 mins ( Soaking in advance)
Cooking Time - 20-30 mins
- Green whole moong - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped fine
- Cumin / mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Green Chilli - 2-3
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Coriander Leaves - handful
- Chilli Powder- 1/4th tspn
- Salt - 1/2 tspn
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric - 1 pinch
- Oil - 2 tbspn
- Soak the Green moong for 6-8 hrs , or over night.
- While doing the preparation ( chopping ) , boil on side with salt for 15-20 mins , till it becomes medium soft . Make sure it does not become smashed. Once the green moong is done , drain the hot water.
- In parallel in seperate Kadai , add oil when the vessel is hot.
- Then add - cumin ,mustard seeds , curry leaves , Onion , green chilli slitted in long.
- Once the Onion has turned golden brown , add masalas . And then add Greeen moong.
- Stir it for 3-4 mins . At last add lemon juice and again stir it. Garnish it with Coriander leaves.
Green Moong Sprout fry is ready !
You can also have this like a chat item , by adding chutney & sev.