Methi leaves are very healthy , but when preparing any dish with it , extra care needs to be taken as its bitter in taste and the dish may taste bitter if right spices are not added.
Here in this dish I am adding mango powder to reduce the bitterness of Methi leaves.
Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Methi leaves - 1 bunch ( chopped in small )
- Potato -1 big chopped in cubes
- Mango powder - 1 tspn
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tspn
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
- Dhaniya powder - 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric - 1/4 tspn
- Salt -1 tspn
- Water - 150 ml
- Oil - 3 tbspn
- Cumin / mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- In a small pressure cooker add oil and once its heated add mustard / cumin seeds.
- Then pressure cook for 1 whistle on medium low flame - Methi leaves , chopped Potato , water ( very little - approx 200 ml) , Spices & salt.
- Once after the cooker lid is opened, again heat it on medium high flame till all the water ( if any left ) is evaporated and the potatoe's turned little golden brown.
If not comfortable making in pressure cooker , than can make it in a Kadai also.
Sent this to Event - Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday Event - 15th March 2011 (Volume 32)