Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time : 20-25 mins
- Small brinjals - 3-4 ( diced in long )
- Onion - 1 medium chopped fine
- Tomato - 2 small or 1 Big chopped fine
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- Green chilli - 2-3
- Tamarind paste - 1 tspn
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
- Garam masala - 1/4 tspn
- Garlic paste - 1 tspn
- Dhaniya powder - 1/2 tspn
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - 1 tspn or less
- Oil - 3 - 4 tbspn
- Water - 200-300 ml
- In a Kadai add oil and once it is hot add mustard seeds. Then add curry leaves & onions and stir for 3-4 mins.
- Then add green chilli & garlic paste . Stir it for a min and then add brinjal.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 3-4 mins. And then add spices and chopped tomato. Stir it and cover the lid for 5 mins on medium low flame.
- Once the brinjal turns little soft add water and let it cook for 10-12 mins with Kadai lid covered.
- At the end add tamarind paste ( mix it with 1/2 cup water). And let it cook for 5 mins more.
Baigan ki sabji / Brinjal gravy is ready to be served with Roti !