Weekday lunch special..
Preparation time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
- Rice ( I made it in Basmati rice)-1 cup
- Onion - 1 medium sized (sliced long)
- Tomato(ripe) - 3 medium size (chopped rough)
- Curry leaves- 3-4
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tspn (optional)
- cinnamon stick - 1 small stick
- clove - 3-4
- cardamom - 1 pod
- Bay leaf -1
- Chilli powder - 1 tspn or more ( as per spice level)
- garam masala - 1/4 tspn
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tspn
- Salt - 1 tspn or more
- Oil - 2 tbspn
- Soak rice in water while mixing ingredients in cooker.
- Place the cooker on stove and add oil to it. Once hot add mustard seeds , curry leaves ,cinnamon stick . cardamom, bayleaf & onion. Stir it on medium high flame till onion becomes little soft.
- Then add tomato & ginger paste. And stir till tomatoes become soft.
- Add spices and water .
- Add rice and let it cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
Tomato rice is ready for lunch box !